Happy Tuesday Babes :-),
Is it just me, or is this week already dragging on? I think I need to win the lotto and be on permanent luxurious vacation accompanied by my bff…cute cabana boys included somewhere in there.
If you’ve been reading my blog, you know that I love smokey eyes with dramatic liner and lots of mascara. Although I love dramatic makeup, I don’t quite have it in me to get up extra early and put all that effort in Monday-Friday. I have to be up at 6 am to get ready for work and would rather sleep in an extra 20 minutes (or sneak a Starbucks run) than figure out an eyeshadow color combo for the day.
Over the years, I’ve mastered a simple makeup look that I can do in ten minutes flat with only the products in the makeup bag I carry in my purse. I thought I’d share what I carry with me and what my makeup looks like normally. Check it out and let me know what you think!
This is a makeup bag that one of my aunts gave me. I remember the day she got the bag because we got to the Chanel counter and she told the sales woman, “Stop me when I get to $500.” I just about died of jealousy. Someday…someday I will do that too lol.
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium. Best powder I’ve ever used and has never broken me out.
- MAC Well Dressed blush. My favorite blush ever, it gives a pretty pink glow.
- MAC eyeshadow in Espresso to fill in my brows (I forgot to take a picture of the Urban Decay angled brush I use with it, sorry!).
- Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine. A perfect balm that tastes like marshmallow-y chocolate and heals chapped lips in no time.
- A Fluff compact mirror, my bff has the mermaid one :-).
- Clean&Clear oil absorbing sheets. Save me from people being able to look at their reflection on my face lol.
- Revlon tweezers. You know, for those times that you get in the car and realize that your eyebrows look like Bert’s from Sesame Street. Don’t act like it’s never happened to you.
- Small scissors. You never know when they’re going to come in handy.
- Time Balm concealer. AMAZING product, never breaks me out, and covers everything.
- A clean Q-tip for cleaning up any makeup booboos.
- MAC Plushglass in Ample Pink. It goes with everything.
- MAC lipstick in Equality; it’s a perfect nude that never washes me out.
- Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Blackest Black. I haven’t been without it in 6 years.
- Covergirl Lashblast in Blackest Black.
- E.l.f. powder brush for applying the MSFN and blush.
- Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Yeyo. This is an awesome way to brighten up your eyes when you’re looking tired.
- Stila Eye Kajal in Onyx.
- Bobby pins. You always need them :-).
Here’s how my makeup looks every day:
-Timebalm concealer, MSFN, Well Dressed, Espresso, Revlon liner, Lashblash mascara, and Ample Pink Gloss.
What’s in your makeup bag?
your makeup bag looks so much nicer than mine hee hee…don’t you just love MACs mineralize powder? I’ve been using it now for a year & love the coverage.
I do! I tried their other powders and my skin broke out so bad. If they discontinued MSFN, I would cry like a baby!
damn your aunt is such a badass
Right? I just stood there in awe of the Chanel. I will do that!!
I love the Ample Pink Plushglass 🙂 It’s a handbag staple for me! Btw, your everyday look is so crisp and clean 🙂
I ❤ Ample Pink, it never leaves me! And thank you, I just go with simple and fast lol. Thanks for visiting!
You always look so flawless!
The stuff that goes back and forth between my gym makeup bag and my office makeup bag is my eyebrow pencil, clear mascara (in case of mussed brows…I’m a little weird about that), my Studio Fix compact, Prep + Prime finishing powder, Prep + Prime Eye (I use it as touchup concealer), concealer brush, and whatever lip product I’m wearing. The stuff that stays in it all the time would be Boscia blotting papers, tweezers, a cuticle trimmer, cuticle oil (you would think my cuticles look awesome, but no), some stray bobby pins, pill box, nail file, chapstick, a mini powder brush, and I think that’s it. It’s kind of a mess but I like to be prepared!
I just realized it sounds like I bring makeup to the gym to be pretty. I get ready for work there so I have to bring everything I need. 🙂
Aw, thanks Amber :-)!
I should carry cuticle oil, mine need attention lol. And I totally understand being prepared, that’s how I think too. I’ve actually cleaned my makeup bag recently, it was so full of “just in case” stuff that I couldn’t close it anymore. Better to be safe than sorry, right?