First thing’s first, get a drink ready for yourself and your cooking buddy. Mmm, margaritas!
Happy Monday, Beauties!
I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and are ready to start a new week. This isn’t makeup related, but I wanted to share an easy and delicious recipe for pineapple chicken that the bff made at her place a few weeks ago. I promise, even inexperienced cooks can throw this together without too much stress :).
- Chicken, this was about 2 lbs. You can use whatever part of the chicken you like, we went with thin slicked breast fillets that were cut up into 1-1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Pineapple (fresh or canned chunks); about a cup.
- Onion, about 1/3 of one cut into 1 inch pieces.
- 1 red bell pepper, 1 yellow bell pepper. Cut into one inch pieces.
- 1 head of garlic.
- 1 bottle of sweet and sour sauce; this is to taste as well.
Start off with pouring some oil into a pan and throwing the head of garlic in. My mom taught me to do this whenever cooking with oil…she said it helps the oil not burn. I don’t know if that’s true or not, but I always do it lol.
Once the oil is warm, throw the chicken in and let it cook, covered. We didn’t use any seasoning, but you can if you like.
YUM! Look at the pretty veggie colors :).
Once the chicken turns white, throw the onion in and cook for a few minutes.
Next, the bell peppers go in. Cook until they start to soften slightly, you don’t want mushy peppers.
The pineapple goes in last, when the peppers are cooked, but still a little firm.
And finally, the sauce goes in. We used about 3/4 of the bottle. Now let it simmer and finish cooking everything for about 5 minutes. Once it’s done, serve with veggies or rice; ours was paired with plain brown rice.
For dessert, Shan served strawberries and the leftover pineapple with cream cheese frosting and wine. Paired with a Friends marathon, it was a perfect bff date :).
Let me know if you give this a try and how you like it.